In 1901 East Marlborough Township built this new brick schoolhouse--"rather pretentious," the Daily Local News called it. one and a half stories high, it had separate entrances for boys and girls in the east end, where a datestone can be seen. It served the village area for a score of years, closing when the new consolidated school was built in Unionville.

The house became a private residence in 1926, when a local family bought and enlarged it.